Wednesday, February 11, 2009

blazey day

So far today I have cleaned my house. It has needed it soooo bad. I am so grateful that I have good friends. My friend Darla came and helped me clean it. I am so grateful to her for her help. I am so disgusted by the way I have let it go. It looks tons better and even though it is still not done. It is a great start and the kids, although will not be happy, will have to help with the rest (the downstairs). Anyway, back to work.

We are having a great snow storm today. It just keeps comming down. Even though it would be nice to have it all gone, the new stuff makes it possible for us to continue sleeding at the Ucon pit with the kids. It also covers up the dirty looking snow and makes it so things don't look so depressing outside.

My friend Darla was telling me about a conversation she had with someone about canning. We are really excited about the prospect of doing our gardens and canning this year. This lady was saying that she puts herself on a canning schedule all year and that she does the winter stuff in the winter and summer stuff etc. So, she asked what winter stuff was and it was a huge eye opener for me and a great idea! Chili in the winter, soups, potatos. Why didn't I think of that? This lady was brilliant.

O.k. back to work. Not the house but my other job!

1 comments:

crazydarla said...

and....... guess what?! ed's dad sent home the pressure cooker with me this weekend too! hooray!